Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: placement/assessment policies & procedures for off-site Conti nuin g Ed students

"Murdock, Pat" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:25:04 -0500

text/plain

Jane,

At Mount St. Joseph, a four-year private liberal arts college, half of our
2300 students are adult learners.  Only those that are considered high risk
are required to go through an assessment and placement process.  We
purchased the COMPASS just for that population.  The catalog reference for
nontraditional students on this matter is as follows.

        Nontraditional students may be required to take the COMPASS
Assessment Test if one or more of the following apply:

1.      Completed high school, but have no previous college credits.

2.      Previously completed college course work is equivalent to less than
15 semester hours.

3.      Cumulative GPA for prior college course work is less than 2.25.

4.      Prior college course work was taken four or more years ago.

Pat Murdock