PSYART December 1998, Week 2

Re: Lewin paper

Norman Holland <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:38:52 -0500

text/plain

From:
       Daniel Rancour-Laferriere <[log in to unmask]>

Sun 17:52
------------------
It appeared in Psychoanalytic Quarterly, vol 2, 1933, pp. 24-47.  I have
developed the idea of the body as phallus in _Signs of the Flesh_ (1992,
esp. the chapter titled "The Semiotic Virgin," 178 ff. and 311) and in
an
article which appeared in Versus: Quaderni di studi semiotici 24, pp.
37-82
(1979), profusely illustrated, and this issue is stolen from most
libraries.  See, for example, the picture of Sumo wrestlers depicted as
penises (p. 74), or ithyphallic herm (p. 64), or elongated female figure
in
a fashion ad (p. 53).  All phallic bodies.

Cheers,
Daniel Rancour-Laferriere