Skip repetitive navigational links
Next (less recent) in topic | Previous (more recent) in topic
Next (less recent) by same author | Previous (more recent) by same author

Suggestions for new name for classes

Dee Bost <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:03:47 -0500

text/plain

Sandra,
We changed the name of our course from "Study Skills" to "Introduction to
University Studies" because:

    (1) students tended to view "study skills" as a high school level course
    (2) they tended to perceive it as remedial in nature and therefore not
appropriate for college men & women)
    (3) the title did not adequately reflect the broad scope of the course.
The course is designed to introduce students to the essential attitudes,
critical thinking skills, learning strategies, organizational skills,
resources, etc. that all students need to succeed at the university level
and beyond.
Dee Bost, Ed.D E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Dir., ADVANCE/Academic Services Center Phone: (501) 279-4024
Harding University, Box 12235 Fax: (501) 279-4217
Searcy, AR 72149-0001