Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BRCA-L Home

BRCA-L  February 1999

BRCA-L February 1999

Re: breast reconstruction

"Norbert F. Alberstadt, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Feb 1999 17:42:18 -0500

text/plain

Madeleen Herreshoff wrote:

> Does anyone know a very good breast reconstruction surgeon? Preferrably
> on the West Coast! Thanks, Magdalena Herreshoff

I do not know of anyone on the West Coast but I had a fabulous Plastic
surgeon from the Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston MA. His name is
Charles Hergrueter. I traveled to Boston from Maryland for my treatments
and reconstructive surgery. I had a mastectomey and reconstruction at
the same time. It was a long procedure. Charlie did a Latissimus Dorci
Flap..my choice. The great thing about this guy was that he had
experience with all of the procedures. I found that some of the Plastic
surgeons I spoke to discouraged certain procedures and this was mostly
due to their lack of experience with them. For many reasons I did not
want to choose the other options available. The Plastics nurse was also
very helpful before and after the surgery. I know this may be too far
for you but I thought I would share. Good luck.