BRCA-L February 1999

Re: Information Pleeezeeeee

Annette Drummond <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:26:41 -0500

text/plain

Lois, Maryland does have such a program for diagnosis and treatment fo
those screened by the CDC program and the state-funded program which
extends the screening to ages 40-49.  The diag & tmt program is funded
through the budget of the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
 Two years ago I served on a task force to review the diag & tmt program
and see if we could control costs.  They were running out of money for it.
 $5 million wasn't enough and Governor Glendening asked the legislature for
more and got it.  Let me know if you need more information.

                Annette Drummond

On Friday, February 12, 1999 1:30 AM, Lois Anderson [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
wrote:
> I am trying to find out whether any states have programs that cover
funding
> for treatment for women diagnosed through the CDC program or other
private or
> nonprofit agencies programs for screening for Breast Cancer and/or
Cervical
> Cancer. Please email me or send info to the list and I will pick it up.
My