Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BRCA-L Home

BRCA-L  February 1999

BRCA-L February 1999

Re: Information Pleeezeeeee

"Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:25:56 -0800

text/plain

Hi, Lois -

Most of the folks I personally know who've been diagnosed this way have
wound up at one of the LA County hospitals (Harbor, County, or Olive
View).  Their treatment is then part of MediCal (which until about a
month ago didn't include HDC/SCR but now does as the result of testimony
from a BUNCH of docs including Dr. Doroshow from the City of Hope). My
presumption is that anybody in California could wind up getting MediCal
after diagnosis, if they weren't on it before, providing their financial
circumstances were appropriate.

Maybe Lauren can speak to how things happen in the Bay Area.

I don't think there's a more specific program in California that only
takes up the financials for people diagnosed in the diagnosis program.

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766  Email:  [log in to unmask]