BRCA-L  April 1999

BRCA-L April 1999

Chest wall recurrence

Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:28:02 EST

text/plain

Thanks to all of you who wished me well and offered prayers.  My lesions were
removed Wednesday (3/31). Today, 4/1/99 I am happy to tell you that my
surgeon and pathologist informed me that I did not have another malignancy. I
had strange findings but no more cancer.

The largest lesion was an encapsulated granuloma, likely related to a leak
from one of my silicone implants. This past October, both of my reconstructed
implants had been crushed and damaged in a carriage (yes, a horse carriage)
accident. I also sustained a compound fracture of my right clavicle along
with fractures of my T2 and T3 ribs. The old/damaged implants were removed
and replaced with the latest all-silicone McGhan version implants. The
pathologist believes the silicone that leaked into my tissue became
encapsulated just as all foreign bodies tend to do when they get into our
bodies.

The second lesion was panniculitis (fat necrosis). This also occurs when one
is cut open more than a few times in the same location.

So I am very grateful to all of you for the support and encouragement. It is
good to have all of you out there.

Fondly,
Diane Chase