LISTSERV Archives

CMPLAW-L Home

CMPLAW-L  October 1999

CMPLAW-L October 1999

Re: Fw: AMAZON V. AMAZON v. AMAZON

L Misek-Falkoff <[log in to unmask]>

Internet and Computer Law Association <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:45:00 -0400

text/plain

Thanks; I  did not know about this; you are very polite. From that
description, I'd call it' Profiling,' still short of a de facto "bad" word,
but it sets a bright flag. Sticks *Labels and collocations of labels* right
to the breastplate with a silvered dart. Maybe too many years with
Relational Database Linking.

Wonder about Privacy Policy and Practice, and, frontally, *legality* of
maintenance and even fuzzy contemplations of transfer of any data base
containing distinctive feature markers.  Hope that Lust stays in its own
Heart; toggling Metaphors, one can build any data-base at home, but one
which fosters stereotypes better stick to its own bed.

Also want to sneak in a short compliment for Hal Weiner's coup of a little
article, preceding.

If not ok to forward (w/copyright) please let us know.

 :) ldmf. World War II genesis, a bit sticky wicket on morality/legality of
profiling mechanisms. Especially automated.

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/CYBERLIBEL-AND-EMAIL Open Discussion
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/CyberLibelCases Please Inquire