Skip repetitive navigational links
Next (less recent) in topic | Previous (more recent) in topic
Next (less recent) by same author | Previous (more recent) by same author

Re: speaker help

Raymundo Rosales <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 2 Oct 1999 15:11:23 -0500

text/plain

Hello Barbara,

I see that your plate is full. So is mine.

I am probably going to take myself and another member of the staff to KC
for SI training. Can you say a bit about how you go back to St Marys and
implement what you learn?

I think we are ready for such a training because we already work closely
with Psyc, Paideia (Great Books and Comp class), Bio, and Math courses but
not to the degree that SI implies. We provide tutoring, review sessions,
and model notes--that is it. I am hoping SI will affirm and challenge us to
grow as we try to implement effective practice in learning assistance.

Incidentaly, we are reading Neil Postman in our General Skills class in our
attempt to integrate meaningful and challenging material with learning
strategies. Will you name a few of the other authors you read in your class?

Thanks for your assistance, and I wish you, the staff, and the students at
St. Marys continued success,

Raymundo Rosales Aguilar

 At 02:29 PM 10/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>What a week this has been! I have not been back to me email for two days and
>I wanted to thank you all for your excellent suggestions for a speaker on
>Teaching Strategies
>
>At least I won't go back to committee empty-handed next week.
>
>Thank you one and all,
>
>Barbara
>Barbara Biasiolli, Director, Learning Assistance Center
>St. Mary's University, One Camino Santa Maria
>San Antonio, TX 78228-8554
>Phone: 210-436-3203 Fax: 210-436-3782
>[log in to unmask] OR [log in to unmask]
>http://library.stmarytx.edu/lac/index.htm

Advanced Options