Skip repetitive navigational links

student behavior

Steven Runge <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 2 Nov 1999 14:15:14 -0500

text/plain

>I raised this issue in my freshman seminar this am.  They told me about
the
>"horror stories" they had heard about college--teachers who locked
students
>out at 8 am, teachers whose intent was to flunk out as many students as
they
>could, etc.

So the key, obviously, is to publish frightening propaganda about
college... I wonder where they heard these horror stories, and whether
we can encourage more of them.

Really. My tongue is only half in my cheek. It sounds like a few legends
about stern disciplinarians is enough to keep us from having to be
ogres.

Steve Runge
St. Lawrence U.