Training videos provide visual examples of behaviors that you want your
tutors to emulate.  Visit our website via the link below my signature for
details on "A Look at Productive Tutoring Techniques."
-Ken Gattis

Kenneth W. Gattis
Director, Undergraduate Tutorial Center
& Coordinator, Supplemental Instruction Program
147 Leazar Hall, Box 7105
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695
(919) 515-5619

We are offering a new tutor training videotape for sale!
You can view it at:
http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/undergrad_studies/videoad2.html

>>> "Ronald A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]> 03/09/00 11:13AM >>>
I would love to see the post to this question.

Ron

At 09:13 AM 3/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I work at a community college as part of Student Support Services
>Program (a federal TRIO program).  An important service we provide is
>free tutoring for our students.  The tutors are students who are paid
>through our program.  We are selecting books and other resources for
our
>tutor library.  Does anyone have any suggestions regarding books,
>videos, and/or other resources that are particularly helpful?  Please
>email me privately at [log in to unmask]  Thanks.
>Jessica

Ronald A. Gray
Coordinator of Student Services
University of Pittsburgh
Freshman Engineering Program
B-80 Benedum Hall
Pittsburgh, PA  15261

Phone:  (412) 624-9825
Fax:            (412) 624-2827
Email:          [log in to unmask]

WWW:    http://engrng.pitt.edu/~engwww/

  "A day wasted is offensive to the soul." - African Saying