We do partner with Residence Life to provide tutoring in the residence
halls.  It is free, drop-in and is available in the evenings only.  Each
evening is different in the subjects offered, although math help is
available all evenings: Monday - Thursday.  The biggest problem we find is
that it is not advertized well enough to get students to take full
advantage of it.  Thus much of the time the tutors are not busy. Our
students do not like group tutoring, although when they do take advantage
of it, they do see some advantages.  Much of our other tutoring is fee
based and by appointment only, but it is one-one.
Katherine Lovrich
Coordinator Learning Assistance Programs
Washington State University

At 12:18 PM 2/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Listers!
>
>I have been asked to consider extending our tutoring services to the dorms.
>Do any of you have experience with tutor programs that provide tutoring in
>the dorms?
>
>Please describe the sucess or problems you had or are having.
>
>How do you manage monitoring/evaluation of these sessions.
>
>How were the sessions arranged:  (1-to-1, group, appointment, drop-in lab)
>
>At what time was the tutoring available in the dorms.
>
>Any other pertinent info that you could give me would be appreciated.
Thanks!