We have been using study group facilitators for about 2 1/2 years.  Our study group facilitators fall into two categories:  students who have earned at least Level 2 CRLA
certification, and Professional staff.  The students have been Peer Mentors for a semester or two, and like all the other students in the class for which they facilitate study
groups are taking a class for the first time.   For the Nursing Programs, this has worked fine.  Most of the Math study group facilitators are professional staff taking refresher
or PD courses or students with at least Level 2 CRLA certification who have already taken the class.  This also works well.  I will be giving a presentation on developing study
groups and their success at the NTA conference in San Antonio in April.  Hope to see you there.

Jim