> I just wish that the "Math Education" people, who
> ultimately make the decisions on how best to teach
> pre-college students, would listen to
> "Mathematicians" who know what level of math
> understanding is necessary for students to succeed
> in math, science, and engineering degrees.
Roughly 25% of high school juniors go on to earn bachelor's degrees.
I'm guessing that at most half of these are in the sciences.
Mathematicians (of which I am one) without an educational
background only understand the needs of 10 - 15% of
students.  Why not teach the other 80+% too?

Prof. Eric Kaljumagi
LAC/Math
Mt. San Antonio College