Which figures to use depends on what you want the "standards" for.  If
you
are setting employment requirements, then the 10,000 - 18,000 wph or 50
- 60
wpm figures should be considered.  If you are trying to project
personnel
hours required for a task or project, then the 32 wpm makes more sense.
 As
I said earlier, no one can sustain 50 wpm NONSTOP for 8 hours a day, 5
days
a week, 52 weeks a year.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Newport News Waterworks
Newport News, VA

> I agree with Jim.  Thirty two keystrokes a minute is in the
> range of 6 words
> per minute in typing speed.  The 1952 minimum requirement of
> 32 words a
> minute wouldn't even get you a interview or training spot at
> the data entry
> shops I am aware of.  Averages of 18,000 to 20,000 keystrokes
> per hour (and
> higher), five days a week, are not all that uncommon(19,000
> cph = 60+ wpm).
> Some of the staff I am aware of have been doing it for several
years.

> Bill Roach, CRM
> North Dakota ITD/Records Management
> 701-328-3589

This message brought to you by the RECMGMT List
Replying to messages will send your response to the list
Commands go to [log in to unmask] -
Commands are set recmgmt mail, unsub, set recmgmt nomail, help
Live help available at [log in to unmask]
Archives are temporarily unavailable