Thought I would kill two birds with one post.
Re: Keystroke dialog.
I looks to me like everybody is really saying the same thing, just
using
different stats and nomenclature.  Ginny is using words per minute,
while
the original post, I believe was referring to keystrokes per hour.
Not
quite the same thing.  But if you use 40wpm, which should be equivalent
200 keystrokes per minute (40 X 5), then 40wpm is equal to 12000
keystrokes
per hour.  If I've been following the thread correctly, that is what
was
originally stated as an average input, and everybody is correct in
what
they are saying.

Now trying to tie in with the copyright issue surrounding the
distribution
of company articles by CD or on the Intranet.  I was discussing our
company's proposed use of bar codes for logging and tracking our
on-site
box storage with the VP of Administration, and he said "don't be to
quick
to start using bar codes, because I have just been informed by our
legal
department that there are now copyright issues with the estate of the
man
who developed bar codes".  Apparently (according to what I'm being
told)
some court ruling have all ready been in favor of allowing fees to be
charged to any and all users of bar codes as copyrighted material.  Has
any
one else heard anything about this?

-Tony.

This message brought to you by the RECMGMT List
Replying to messages will send your response to the list
Commands go to [log in to unmask] -
Commands are set recmgmt mail, unsub, set recmgmt nomail, help
Live help available at [log in to unmask]
Archives are temporarily unavailable