I worked at a firm for 5 years and reported to : The Human resource
Director one year, The CFO one year, the Personnel manager one year, a
shareholder (One of Fifty) for one and for one year I did not report to
anyone.  Needless to say they were not too sure where to put the Records
Department.

What did I learn?  Get as close to the Money as you can: meaning you
want to report to the person who controls the budget.  The year I worked
under the CFO was the same year I implemented a lot of changes (updated,
software, hardware etc.) to the Records Dept.

Bob Skweres
Jacobs Management Corp.

"Kathy G. McGinty" wrote:

> As the Records Manager for the Firm, I directly report to the local
Office Administrator, plus I am responsible for reporting to the
Partner-in Charge of Records, the Partner-in-Charge of Conflicts and the
Managing Partner for problems relating to our other offices.  It's
confusing, but most of the time it works.

> Kathy G. McGinty
> Docket/Records Manager
> Thompson Hine & Flory LLP
> Cleveland, Ohio
> e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
> phone: (216)566-5877

> I know this topic has been discussed within the last few weeks, but
with the
> archives unavailable, I have to ask for the info yet again.  Who do
you, the
> records manager, report to in your organization?  Just FYI for the
last person
> who asked the same question, I report to the Head of Information
Management, who