My company asked me to set up a vital records vault.  We currently have
a corporate records center where files are imaged and backed up for protection.  Holdings include:
  a.. Corporate minute books
  b.. SEC filings & Stock Registers
  c.. Patents & Trademarks
  d.. Legal case & research files
  e.. Real estate agreements
  f.. Inter-company agreements
  g.. Customer & vendor contracts
  h.. Mergers & Acquisitions
I have a vague concept of how the vital records center will operate,
but I do not have actual experience in this area.  Is anyone out there currently operating a vital records vault separate from the corporate
records center?  (by separate I mean two different states 1200 miles apart).  This is the result of acquisition.  The acquiring company had
already built the vault in their locale.
How does it differ, in terms of holdings and activity, from the corporate records center?  Thus far my expected list of holdings is as
follows:
  a.. Corporate Minute Books
  b.. Patents & Source code documentation
  c.. Inter-company agreements
  d.. Merger & Acquisition agreements & plans
  e.. Marketing plans
  f.. Fiscal budget & plan
  g.. Building blue-prints & security Information
  h.. Disaster recovery plan
  i.. Customer contact & contract information
  j.. Financial resources & obligations Documentation
The vault is rated at 1 1/2 - 2 hour fire proofing.  Currently management does not see staffing as necessary.  It is seen as a part-time job for an admin.  Is this reasonable?  I am worried about putting these types of documents in an internal vault on an upper
floor, without full-time supervision, with only a 1 1/2 - 2 hour window.  Am I
being paranoid or picky? or is this normal?

I have a hundred other questions, but will leave it at this for now.  I
hope I have given enough information to generate feed back.  Also, thanks to everyone for participating in the Lists.  It has been several
years since I have been on-line with the Listserv.  (Sometimes we just
get too busy to do what is good for us.)  It is great to be back.

Mercy Ziegler