Our tutors are not allowed to begin tutoring until they have completed the
first two workshops of our series.  They complete the remaining training
requirements during the semester and have one semester to do so.  Tutors are no
t hired unless they have the tutor training days and times available.  Raises
are not given until a tutor has completed training.  Tutors who do not complete
 training within the required time are not rehired the next semester unless

hey sign an agreement indicating that the remaining training requirements will
be completed by a certain date.

New tutors must complete 12 hours of training and work 25 hours of actual
tutoring time before they earn their Level I Cert. from CRLA and get their
first pay raise.  Then tutors must complete another 10 hours of training and
work a min of 25 hours of actual tutoring time to earn their Level II
certificate and next pay raise.  The first phase can be done in one semester.
The second certificate takes two semesters to earn as the two main workshops ar
e only offered once a semester.

Ruth A. Doucette
Tutor Coordinator
The Tutor Program