While I ran a Learning Center in a community college, I am now working in a high school which generally require certification for virtually everything. In our case the tutoring certification would have to be for the state in which the Learning Center is located unless you are talking about bestowing  National Certification . Since There is no state certification for tutoring, this National Concept would be a great idea since we already have National Teacher Certification. It would also transfer anywhere. It certainly would be a big plus when the school is seeking reaccredat ion or when someone applies for a position.