Greetings and a request from a new list member....

The Division of Student Affairs at the University of Guelph has recently
initiated a Renewal Project to meet the challenges of the coming years
proactively. I am writing to you as a member of the Project's "Best
Practices" Task Force.  My particular focus is learning support services.

The Best Practices Task Force has been mandated to spotlight several best
practices in student affairs (reporting structures, programs, and/or
services) that offer the greatest opportunity for successful replication
in the next five years at the University of Guelph. For our purposes we
have defined a best practice as an exemplary program, service, or
structure that contributes significantly and directly to the mission of
the institution or the mandate of Student Affairs or the department, and
that is effective and efficient.

If you have a "best practice" at your institution that you would like to
share, we would sincerely appreciate your input. Please e-mail me directly
and I will contact with you with the specific questions our Task Force
would like answered to describe each suggested best practice. We will be
sharing a summary of the suggested best practices with all those who
contribute.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this request -- or if
you have a best practice to share. Thank you!

Maryann Kope

Maryann Kope
Learning Services Coordinator
The Learning Commons
McLaughlin Library, University of Guelph
Phone: (519) 824-4120, ext. 8313
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.uoguelph.ca/csrc/learning/homepage.html