----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Brehme <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 2:14 PM
Subject: Reading Comprehension textbooks

--=====================_209246143==_.ALT

I would like to ask those familiar with texts used in graduate education
programs in reading:

         Are there any recent texts along the lines of Harris & Sipay's How
To Increase Reading Ability? As far as I can tell, the last edition of that
text was in 1990.  I would like to find something that deals
comprehensively with recent reading research. This is for my own reading,
not for use with my students.

Robert Brehme
Assistant Professor,  Reading Department
Brookdale Community College
765 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft NJ  07738
(732) 224-2154
FAX (732) 224-2136

I would like to ask those familiar with texts used in graduate education
programs in reading:&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Are there
Increase Reading Ability</i>? As far as I can tell, the last edition of
that text was in 1990.&nbsp; I would like to find something that deals
comprehensively with recent reading research. This is for my own reading,
not for use with my students.<br>
FAX (732) 224-2136