I used this last week with a faculty group for our "Inspiration" time at our
monthly meeting, but it would work just as well with tutors--maybe better,
actually.

I put a small woven basket--about a quart capacity, and several bags of
different kinds of candies-M&Ms, Skittles, jelly beans, Jelly Birds, etc.,
in a plastic grocery bag, and started passing it around, with the
instructions that each person should open a bag and help themselves to what
they like, but to then add some to the basket before passing the whole thing
on.  By the time the basket got all the way around, everyone had benefitted,
but had also shared something to pass on, and I passed the full basket
around again, without the bags of candy.  This went on while the activity
below was done.

I gave them a written, self-scored diagnostic quiz to determine their
preferred learning style and dominant thinking style.  When they were done,
I had the visual learners identify themselves by raising their hands, and
pair off--visually only--and smile and wave to each other.  Next the
auditory learners identified themselves.  They had to go to each other and
make an affirming statement to each other.  Then the kinesthetic learners
had to go to each other and shake hands and say something affirming.  When
everyone was reseated, I pointed out that the learners come to them with
differing styles of receiving what is being said, and to remember that just
because they prefer to teach in a straight auditory manner doesn't mean
everyone there is receiving what they are saying--meet your students' needs
by presenting what you want them to know in a variety of ways, so whatever
their learning style, they, too, will feel affirmed.  I felt affirmed, too,
because I could share what I know with people whose specialty is in a
specific discipline, and whose access to little ways to make big differences
in their teaching is probably limited.  If any of you ever come to a
workshop I present, you may see this again!  Enjoy!