In the newspaper today (DILY BREEZE) I read about a little boy who was having 5
or 6 seizures a day until his parents put him on a ketosis (high fat and
protein) diet and by the age of 6 years, his epilepsy was totally gone.  he can
now eat anything, but for the first 6 years of his life he had to eat just food
which would make him burn ketones.  apparently the fat cells are what trigger
the epilepsy.  is your client overweight?  You might suggest that he talk to
his doctor and try this diet as epilepsy affects learning ability also.
Helen Sabin