Could anyone explain the real benefits of getting a tutoring program
certified?  Are we talking about any learning center anywhere, just college
learning centers?  I'm new to this listserv and don't know if all members
are associated with colleges/universities as I am.

When we say "learning center," I'm sure we are referring to very different
places.  On my campus, for example, the Learning Resources Center houses
the writing center, tutoring center, disability services, and study-skills
center.

Also, when I read through the e-mails, I often wonder what audience the
sender has in mind: Would it be possible for senders to indicate the
intended audience?  For example:
                This message is for anyone who works with disabled college students.
This would help everyone quickly sort through the messages.

Thanks for any information you can send.

Lou Ann Sears
UPG
Greensburg, PA