  I have often found that it works to shift from teacher-centered delivery
 small-group tasks, distributing the troublemakers into different groups
away
 from each other.  They no longer have the teacher as a public target, or
the
 whole class as an audience, or their partners for support, and the others
in
 their group don't pay attention to them because they are focused on the
 task.  This often takes the momentum out of their attention-getting
 behavior.