Students are asked to register for this course based on a 60% or lower score
on the Nelson Denny.  That score actually serves as a flag for the assessors
to review a student's ACT performance as well as scores on in-house writing
instruments we use at Mount Mary.  The student is also likely placed in our
developmental writing course.

Kim Folstein
Director of the Academic Resource Center
Mount Mary College
Milwaukee, WI