The payrate in CUNY for tutors who have accumulated fewer than 64 academic
credits is $8.57 per hour. I pay the tutors for training and orientation
sessions. I also pay the tutors an extra half hour preparation time for
every hour they work as a  tutor for a group of students rather than just
drop-in work.