I'm surprised & heartened to learn the various things programs pay their tutors
for. I've decided to adopt some of these practices myself, such as paying for
outside reading preparing for training, and paying for preparation for tutoring.

I'm curious, is there anyone out there who doesn't (or can't) pay for training,
for preparing for tutoring sessions, and the like? Is there a rational
justification for not paying for these things other than tight budgets?

Steve