Norman Stahl wrote:

> Harold Bloom . . .admonishes, "Clear your mind of cant" --
> including that of the academic variety, among which Mr. Bloom
> includes multiculturalism and gender studies.

Dare we assume that Bloom includes these buzzwords because he is warning
against them as sources of bias, as cultural blinkers or filters that
pass everything through their own lens, no matter the distortion? Not
just dismissing them out of hand?

Our library has Brill's ( a wonderful mag, by the way; an English
instructor here uses it as a textbook!), so I'm going to read the
article.

Liz Dewey
Delta College