CRLA President Pat Jonason and NADE President Martha Casazza and the Joint
Symposium Committee invite you to attend Symposium 2000.

The Symposium will be held June 21 - June 23, 2000 at the Great Divide
Lodge in Breckenridge, Colorado.

The Symposium offers the opportunity to learn from and with learning
assistance professionals and developmental educators from across the
country.  Twenty-two 3-hour sessions will be held from Wednesday afternoon
through Friday morning.  The symposium will conclude Friday with a Luncheon
and Closing Session including reports from wrap-up plenary sessions.

Registration for the Symposium is $150 (via check, money order, or credit
card).  The registration deadline is Mary 22,2000 but ONLY 250 participants
will be accepted.  Registrations are already coming in; register early.  If
you need a registration form, please contact me and I will fax or mail a
form to you.

Susan Deese-Roberts
Member, Joint Symposium Committee
[log in to unmask], 505 277-1876

Presentations topics (presenters) include:
Whole Brain Teaching, Learning and Living (Jan Swinton);
On-line Versus In-Line: Computerized Initiatives for Learning Centers
(Denise McGinty Swann, Marcus Davis, and Alan Constant);
Professional Standards:  What Do We have and What Do we Need? (Gladys Shaw,
Susan Clark Thayer, Georgine Materniak, Martha Cassaza, and Cathy Nuse);
Taking SI to the Next Level (Sydney Stansbury);
The Successful Learning Assistance Center (Frank Christ, Karen Smith, Denis
Swann, Gladys Shaw, and Susan Deese-Roberts);
How the Brain Learns: Theories and Models for Programs (Rita Smilkstein);
Interdisciplinary Learning Communicites of Developmental and General
Education Classes(Sally Wood, Nancy Bettach, Marcos Cicerone, and Judy
Coleman);
Future Directors in Using Technology:  An Open Forum (Karen Smight and Lucy
Mac Donald)
Institution Change:  Getting Student to Participate and Succeed (Nancy
Wood, Mary Ridgway, Maggy Smith, and Dorothy Ward)
Enhancing the Transition to College:  An Integrative Approach (Dana
Lundell, Gregoy Choy, David Ghere, Jeanne Higbee, Heide Howard, Walter
Jacobs, Amy Lee, Thomas Reynolds, Mary Ellen Shaw, and Jay Hatch)
Student Success Strategies (Emily Hurlbert Susan Pinza)
Professional Transitions and Transitions of the Profession (Becky Patterson
and Kate Sandberg)
Diversity in the Classroom, Center or Office (Jo-Ann Mullen)
From Student Development to Faculty Development:  New Models fo the
Millennium (Joyce Weinsheimer and Joel Winsheimer)
Action vs. Reaction: Policitcal Involvement for Developmental Educators
(Becky Garlick, Gail Platt, and Melody Wiens)
Designing Online Instruction and Academic Support: An Exploration and
Adventure
(Karen Smith and Lucy MacDonald)
Transition to Retirement (Kym Anderson)
Imagine the Future at Hyperspeed:  Internet 2 and Instruction (Evelyn Posey)
Strategic Planning and Management for the New Millennium (David Arendale)
Cultural Diversity: Where We Are, Where We Want to Go and How to Get There
(Herbert Chambers)
Writing for Publication (Barbara Calderwood)
Universal Instructional Design:  Enhancing Learning for All Students
(Jeanne Higbee, Judy Schuck, Mark Pedelty, Karen Miksch, Patrick Bruch, and
Karen Kalivoda)

Register Soon!  See you in Colorado!