Dialogue on Learning: Using Multiple Intelligence Theory to Assess Learning Outcomes

Friday, April 14, 2000
9:00 am  - 3:30 pm (continental breakfast and registration begins at 8:30)

Tompkins Cortland Community College
170 North Street (Route 13)
Dryden, NY 13053
607-844-8211
A map is available on the TC3 website
www.sunytccc.edu/abouttc3/map.htm.
Park in Lots 1 - 4, no permit required.

Enjoy the luxury of a day spent with colleagues sharing ideas about learning outcomes assessment based on a variety of non-traditional methods, e.g.
                       Portfolios
       Artwork
       Writing across the curriculum
       Group projects

We will
                       discuss use of MI Theory in assessing learning outcomes
       share our ideas, frustrations, triumphs, copies of applicable research articles, and assessment activities
       brainstorm more ideas for use in formal and informal curricula, inside and outside the classroom, across the disciplines
       record our wisdom, knowledge, and best practices

As an extra benefit this year we will be joined by Dr. Ellen Weber, Director of the new MITA (Multiple Intelligences Teaching Approach) Center at Houghton.  She has worked extensively in the field, including with Howard Gardner, and shares our interest in infusing these theories in education at the postsecondary level.

Who should attend?
Anyone interested in learning outcomes assessment, including
                       classroom instructors in all disciplines
       learning assistance personnel
       student services personnel

Check out www.acad.sunytccc.edu/ctc/Dialogue/  for information, ideas, suggested resources, and readings introducing MI Theory.

Cost $20.00
Includes meals, packet of resources, and analysis of MIDAS inventory.  Resources will include a copy of Coloring Outside the Lines, Renee Diaz-Lefebvre's description of his two-year MI project at Glendale Community College, Phoenix, AZ.

Checks should be made out to TC3.

Register by Tuesday, April 11, by calling 607-844-8211 ext. 4415, by e-mail, or by regular mail to

Baker Center for Learning
TC3
P.O.Box 139
Dryden, NY 13053

Please provide your name, institution, department, address, phone, and e-mail address.

For more information call 607-844-8211,
Khaki Wunderlich, ext. 4375, [log in to unmask], or
Lisa Ford, ext. 4294, [log in to unmask]

Co-sponsored by the TC3 Baker Center for Learning and  the College Teaching Center.  Partially funded by a grant under the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Education Act administered by the New York State Education Department.