I would like to receive this information also.
Bonnie Wilson
Coordinator, Tutorial Services
Rowan University

From: Kim McDonald [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 1:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutor Training Exercises

Hello!

Hope all of you are doing well as we start to wrap up this semester!
(Can the 85 degree weather be far behind???)

Starting to think about tutor training for this fall.  If any of you
have any particularly good exercises that you've used in training,
please e-mail me at the above address (or post to the entire list -- I'm
sure others would be interested as well!).  I'm especially interested in
interactive/social skills kinds of things.  Also, exercises that will
make the tutors really think about the importance of their roles as
tutors would be helpful.

We run an FYE program here where I include the faculty and the academic
advisors in
part of the tutor training day.  It's worked really well.  Everyone
leaves the training feeling "connected," happy and ready to start the
new year!  (I love this stuff!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kim McDonald
Saginaw Valley State University