From: Andra Dorlac <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: On-line Developmental Math
Date: Thu, Apr 27, 2000, 9:58 AM

--=_91C9AD8F.DCBDD1FE

My technical college is getting started in offering distance learning =
courses and has approached me about offering on-line developmental math.  =
Does anyone have experience with or know of any research on success rates =
of on-line developmental math instruction?

I'm thinking that if retention of distance learners is low in general, =
that it would be even worse for developmental math.  There are also =
concerns about security, of who is actually doing the work.

Any comments?

--=_91C9AD8F.DCBDD1FE

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" http-equiv=3DContent-Type=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2722.2800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT: 10pt Comic Sans MS; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: =
2px">
<DIV>My technical college is getting started in offering distance =
learning=20
courses and has approached me about offering on-line developmental =
math.&nbsp;=20
Does anyone have experience with or know of any research on success rates =
of=20
on-line developmental math instruction?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm thinking that if retention of distance learners is low in =
general, that=20
it&nbsp;would be even worse for developmental math.&nbsp; There are =
also=20
concerns about security, of who is actually doing the work.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any comments?</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=_91C9AD8F.DCBDD1FE--