From: Richard Berlin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 7:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Be Careful with Word Document Metadata and Adobe Acrobat

I just joined this list yesterday.  I am President of the San Diego Chapter
of ARMA and President of Document Imaging Service Corporation, a digitial
conversion service bureau and reseller of document management solutions.

The question: Can a PDF be edited in Acrobat?

The answer: Yes, if security has not been applied.  However you can limit
access to all PDF files created by Distiller by giving the files passwords
and restricting features such as editing and even printing. You can apply
the security when you first create a PDF file or any time you save the file
in Acrobat.

To add security to PDF files:
1 Start Distiller.
2 Choose Settings > Security.