One of the things that often gets overlooked when this subject is discussed
is the value of the CRM process as a study guide to the Records Management
profession. For those of us who do not have quality local opportunities for
records management learning (as was my own case when I took the exam many
moons ago), the CRM exam provides an excellent model of what you need to
know, and what resources are available for learning. I know that I filled in
a lot of holes in my own knowledge and skills in studying to take the exam -
knowledge and skills that I might not have picked up on the job, or without
the kind of structured study guide the CRM provided.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Multnomah County Records
2505 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, OR 97202