Liz Castro makes a good point.  Why should we NOT aspire to attain
certification?  Why should we not seek to improve our incomes and our
reach within our organizations?  Why not seek involvement with electronic
technologies based upon experience AND CREDENTIALS?  Should we not aspire
to rise above the "file clerk" or the "basement records center" labels?  Not
that there is ANYTHING wrong with the work that anyone within the records
area does, but should we not pursue efforts to attain greater heights?

Some certainly will not opt to pursue other objectives.  However, I applaud
those who do.  Those who would rather not seek certification certainly are
entitled to the choice that they will make.  Those of us who do seek
additional credentials, however, should not be deterred by the nay sayers.

Doug Allen, CRM