Hi,

This question is aimed at RMs who deal with Personnel and Human Resources
records in.

How long are your agencies/companies  retaining COBRA enrollment forms,
notifications, etc., and Flexible Spending claim forms?

I've heard a number of opinions within the state agency I'm working with,
ranging from 'permanent' to 'Oh, 10 years should be more than enough."
 Someone else also thought the Flexible Spending forms had become obsolete
in 1997, but that person did not have any firm evidence (like a CFR
citation).

If any of you are familiar with these records and know some CFR, Federal
Register or other citations to back up the disposition, I would be very
grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

Michele Fagan
Records Management Division