From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: May 09, 2000 5:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Municipal Records/Document Management Project - Joint
Initiative

MISA is exploring the possibility of pursuing a joint initiative for the
procurement and implementation of a comprehensive records/document
management solution.  The federal RDIMS program is serving as a model for
the plan.  RDIMS is the federal government initiative which allows Federal
institutions to acquire the RDIMS software (Docs Open, Foremost RM, Docs
Routing, Docs Imaging and Crystal info) at a significantly reduced price
($450 per seat).  This shared initiative is significantly reducing the cost
of implementation.

By combining the planning ability, implementation experience, and purchasing
powers of a number of municipalities, the cost of implementing EDMS/RMS can
potentially be significantly reduced. Municipalities will have specific
needs for an EDMS/RMS implementation, however, the main functionality
required remains the same for all municipalities:  the ability to manage
electronic records in a fashion that ensures they are preserved and
destroyed according to legal and organizational requirements.

To explore this issue further, we are looking for:
1.  Expressions of interest from municipalities who are interested in
document/records management solutions - as well as a time frame of the
expected implementation.
2.  A volunteer from another municipality who would be willing to
participate in the process to define requirements, develop an RFP framework,
and negotiate the standing offer agreement.

Please contact David Nelson [log in to unmask] or myself
[log in to unmask], if you have any questions or are interested in
participating at either level.

Thanks in advance,
Colleen Kennedy

This email message has been sent via the "listserve" function on the MISA
web site, under Contacts:  http://www.misa.bc.ca

Heather M. Gordon
Records Management Coordinator
City of Coquitlam