Since the CRM recently began testing knowledge of electronic records in
earnest, I think it is still the most useful certification out there for any
type of records.

I do not know of another certification that tests useful knowledge of the
applications and hardware knowledge that are important to electronic records
management.  Imaging has become, and will continue to become less important
than knowledge about why, for example, you want IMAP rather than POP e-mail,
or why the document management application you have can manage workflow
diagrams as another document.  The CDIA is certainly useful if one owns a
service bureau or has an in-house imaging program, but it will not help you
choose a capture subsystem or an imaging-based document management
application over a document management with imaging-based document
management system.

Best wishes,
Carol
Carol E.B. Choksy, Ph.D., CRM
Doculabs
4103 Golden Grove Road, Greenwood, IN 46143
Tel: 317-535-7117
Fax: 317-535-7784
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.doculabs.com