I Agree with Davids comments as follows:

To be or not to be a CRM is a personal decision.  I decided to seek it for
the reasons Mr. Whitaker stated in his post. What I would ask of those who
do not seek the CRM designation is not to demean the hard work of those who
do by saying things like it is "elitist" or a "waste of time"

And I dare say, that it's insecurity of the individual who does not take the test.
Because if you knew your "stuff" this conversation wouldn't take place.  The profession would also be raised to a higher level.  Each industry has its certification process and this is a measure of how much you know.

Would you rather have a plumber fix your faucet or a helper?

The views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my company.

Regards,
Liz

Elizabeth Castro,CRM, MIT
Electronic Records Manager,