During the last week there has been a dramatic increase in the number of
hummingbirds in the 'Hood.  From visual observations and several hours of
robotic video surveillance of various feeders around the yard, I am sure
that there are at least five individuals that can told by plumage
differences.  I suspect this is a conservative estimate.  All are, of
course, Ruby-throated.  However, I do note that odd hummers are already
showing up in a number of odd locations.  There was a report from two days
ago of a returning Buff-bellied in Louisiana.

Get those feeders up, and keep them clean.

Later...

Noel Wamer
[log in to unmask] http://www.badbirdz.com
Jacksonville, FL, US   30.2820 -81.4972
"A strange bird may cause a slight unrest until it is named..."
                                                       (Walker Percy)