Rozanna and others,,

I see no useful purpose of crossposting.  If something needs
to be posted to all the lists, by the very nature of the thing
it should be posted on FLORIDABIRDS-Lt.  We are trying to
eliminate what has been a big problem.  If you had been here
longer it would be more clear to you.   If it is not possible
for you to determine which list is the correct one, maybe it would
be better for you just to sit back and learn for a while.

One guideline would be:  Who will be interested most by this posting?
If it clearly is your local list, and would not be of particular
interest to anyone else, the regional it is.  But if it is interesting
to as many as two lists, send it to the State list, FLORIDABIRDS-L.

I don't think I am exaggerating when I say that no one is really happy with
the fragmentation that has taken place with the large number of lists
and the crossposting and want to avoid that situation.  It is very obvious
by the alacrity with which experienced birders have made this change.

So, as I see it, the general rule will be:

1. If you post on FLORIDABIRDS, do not post on a regional list.
If you post on a single regional list, do not post elsewhere.
No cross-posting anywhere!

2.  No crossposting means not anywhere.  Never post more
than one post.

I would like to add that I would not by any means have suggested the
continuation of regional posts if I thought it would degrade into the
morass of crossposting that has existed in the past.

This is not to say that you cannot subscribe to as many lists
as you like.  Or you can just read them on Jack Siler's page,
http://www.birdingonthe.net/birdmail/  There you will find
all of the bird lists of Florida which are posted as quickly
as you get them through the mail.  Just don't post on more than one
list anytime anyplace.

I hope we can now end this subject and ask that, if you have
any more questions, please write me directly at

BARBARA PASSMORE
LISTOWNER, FLORIDABIRDS-L
Valdosta

Dottie and Charlie, please forward to your lists.