Regarding where to post which topics: I would like to echo Rex's comments
about posting reports of as many "common" sightings as rare ones. As a
Georgia birder trying to learn as much about southeastern status and
distribution as possible, knowing which species are being seen and when is
very helpful, ESPECIALLY the "common" ones. Here in Georgia, we frequently
do not have very good coverage of either the Atlantic coast or the
southwestern corner, but I can approximate those sightings by paying
attention to FL east coast reports and gulf coast reports, respectively.
Just another vote for posting everything to FLORIDABIRDS, and letting those
that wish to delete at will. Giff Beaton Marietta GA