Barbara, I was wrong, or at least out of date. The most recent PRINTED
version of the A.O.U. Check-list has only one species, and does not even
talk about a future split. But I inadvertently let my membership in AOU
lapse so I do not get the taxonomic supplements. I just thought to
search for an A.O.U. web site, and they have one, that includes the
Check-list, presumably as updated by supplements to The Auk. The
check-list does indeed include four species of Spindalis, so the AUO has
split them.

Spindalis zena Western Spindalis.
Spindalis nigricephala Jamaican Spindalis.
Spindalis dominicensis Hispaniolan Spindalis.
Spindalis portoricensis Puerto Rican Spindalis.

Note that according to this source
(http://pica.wru.umt.edu/AOU/birdlist.HTML#thra) the common name is not
"Stripe-headed Tanager" any more, but the English names are "Spindalis".
The ABA does not always follow the AOU on common names. But we probably
should start calling them "Western Spindalis", etc.

David