Hi, FloridaBirders!

While Brad Bergstrom, the compiler of the South Georgia/North Florida RBA,
is in Costa Rica, I am monitoring the RBA number  - 912-244-9190.

Today we had a call from Ken Armstrong of Gainesville, FL reporting a pair
of BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING-DUCKS which he and his wife Annette saw this
afternoon at 2:00 PM
at a retention pond in Gainesville, FL.  The retention pond is located at
an address of 3820 SW 30th Terr, Gainesville.  Ken says there has been a
lot of rain recently and the water level has risen, which may affect
whether they stay.  I would be pretty sure of that address since Ken is a
postal employee.

For those not from the Gainesville area, if you are going south on I-75,
exit at the 4th exit (last exit) on SR 331, turn left going east until you
come to 34th St, turn left and you can't miss it, Ken says.

(If you are going north on I-95, it is the first exit of the four).

Hope all of you around that area get to see these dramatic birds.

I have to admit to a smile to get to post this on our new FLORIDABIRDS-L!

Good birding!

Barbara Passmore
Valdosta GA
   Listowner, FLORIDABIRDS-L