If you enter the Carillon area from Ulmerton Rd (688) at Carillon Parkway West,
the most productive area for us this morning was a field that has been recently
cleared that is bordered by Carillon Parkway West, Lake Carillon Drive and Tower
Place.  After turning south onto Carillon Parkway West, turn left onto Lake
Carillon Drive and the field is on your left. We drove to Tower Place, did a U
turn and then birded from the right hand lane.  This would be harder to do on a
work day.

12 black-necked stilts
2 killdeer
5 or more yellowlegs, 3 were lesser and at least one greater
2 dowitcher, one of which was short-billed
solitary sandpiper
mottled duck

We parked in one of the parking lots around the tower, which is hard to do on a
week day, and walked the boardwalk to the tower and flushed a least bittern and
also had a green heron and a flicker.

Driving on the roads around Carillon, away from Ulmerton, we had 4 more
black-necked stilts, red-tailed hawk, 3 killdeer and more of the more common
waders.

judy
--
Judy Fisher