I've just posted the following RFI to Birdbrains as well as one earlier for
information on Gull-billed Terns (from Gainesville to the Keys) and the Florida
race of Grasshopper Sparrow. My friend will be down from Illinois from July 21
to August 2nd. Please post to the list if relevant or to me at [log in to unmask]

===================================
My friend from Illinois is considering a run to the Keys in addition to his
search for the Grasshopper Sparrow and Gull-billed Tern. He'll probably only go
south as far as is needed to get these species. Are the nighthawks reliable
anywhere
north of Marathon Key? Are they still reliable at Marathon Key? Are Roseate
Terns reliable anywhere this time of year and on areas accessible by car?

While he's down there he hopes to find Mangrove Cuckoo (Sugarloaf Key) and
White-crowned Pigeon. He's had a quick glimpse of the pigeon in the past but
never a "good" look at one.

Any comments on these birds or other "specialties" are greatly appreciated.
Write me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Steve Backes
Valrico, FL