I recently acquired Roger Tory Peterson's "A Field Guide to Western Birds",
Copyright 1941.  There isn't a clue as to whether it's an original 1st edition
or one of many subsequent re-printings.  Only the price of $2.75 is on the
dustcover.  My mother, who was in nursing school in Pittsburgh during WWII, says
the price is just about what a small hardback book in those days cost.  If
anyone is fortunate enough to have a 1st edition, could you please respond
privately and let me know what else I might look for or compare my book to?
Thanks.

Larry Albright
Winter Haven, FL