We have a legally blind student who needs accommodations for a math and
biology class. Because he can't see the board, we are talking about putting
him in an independent study class for math and arranging for a tutor to work
with him while he completes the class. However, this plan would very likely
result in this tutor being his teacher, rather than his tutor. The biology
instructor says there is no way for him to take the class because it
requires working with a microscope--which he can't do. How have y'all solved
this type of problem? Thanks for any suggestions.